Our mission is to accelerate tomorrow’s energy solutions through data insight. To reach the EU’s stated goal of 40% renewable energy by 2030, we need to increase renewable energy at least nine-fold from where it is today. Renewable energy requires much larger areas compared to fossil fuels, and without proactive planning, renewable energy could displace extensive areas of wildlife habitat and be prone to natural disasters.
At Enernite, we are digitizing the workflow of sourcing, evaluating, and deciding where to build the next renewable energy plant. If you care about accelerating the transition to renewable energy through technology – all while contributing as a member of a values-driven organization – we want to hear from you. We are a well-funded, tech-first organization that values continuous learning, rapid product development, and solving difficult problems.
About your role
As a Software Engineer at Enernite, you will collaborate closely with the CTO, Harald, and the software engineering team working on our platform. In your role, we will accommodate your skillset to make sure you are working on the correct part of our tech stack. Let us know your competence fields, and we will find interesting problems to work on.
Your role is to collaborate with the team to deliver on the objectives below and contribute to engineering our platform to meet expanding scope and scale. Relevant tasks could include:
- The design and implementation of new database tables in Postgres to accommodate increased functionality
- Implementing analysis-functionality in Python and Postgres
- Create new front-end components in-line with visual prototypes
- Improve our cloud infrastructure through Kubernetes and Google Cloud
- Define and implement API endpoints, collaborating with the front-end engineers
- Write integration and unit tests for your code and perform code reviews for colleagues
- Participate in monitoring, diagnosing, and addressing production issues
- Database: PostgreSQL / PostGIS
- Backend/API: Python, Django REST framework
- Frontend: React
- Infrastructure: Google Cloud / Kubernetes
What we offer
- The possibility of creating a more sustainable future through software
- Join a start-up from the early days
- Competitive compensation
- Stock option agreement